Riddles: food for thought



A riddle is something that makes your think to find a hidden answer. Do you think you are up to the challenge? Let's find out, shall we?
  1. What gets wetter and wetter the more it dries?
  2. What goes up and down the stairs without moving?
  3. The man who invented it doesn't want it. The man who bought it doesn't need it. The man who needs it doesn't know it. What is it?
  4. Give me food and I will live. Give me water and I will die.
  5. Throw it off the highest building, and I'll not break. But put me in the ocean, and I will. What am I?
  6. No sooner spoken than broken. What is it?
  7. A certain crime is punishable if attempted but not punishable if committed. What is it?
  8. I'm light as a feather, yet the strongest man can't hold me for much more than a minute. What am I?
  9. At night they come without being fetched, and by day they are lost without being stolen. What are they?
  10. What jumps when it walks and sits when it stands? 
 
answers are hidden here:
a towel / a rug / a coffin / fire / a tissue or paper / silence / suicide or a coup d'etat / breath / stars or dreams / a kangaroo
 
Did you enjoy the brain teasing? How many did you guess?
 
Be a thinker. Be you.
 
 

No comments: