Food, glorious British food

britishfood

When you hear about British food, do you recoil in horror? Do you laugh like a mad clown at the dubious qualities of British cuisine? If so, why? Let’s think about some examples of British food. Yes? What? Sorry? What did you say? English breakfast… oh, yeah. And that’s good, right? What else? Mmm, nothing else, you say. That’s preposterous. If you don’t know any more dishes from the UK, how can you be so against it?

I believe in miracles. Yes, I do. I think that if I can offer you some balance for your first negative reaction towards British food, we may well be on our way to discovering a whole new world of tastes and good opinions.

First of all, let’s have a look at these wonderful pictures.

yorshirepudding

dish

It looks healthy and wholesome enough.

fish&chips

Lancashire-hotpot-006

toad_in_the_hole

Tasty and original too.

english-breakfast

Never forget the quintessentially English English breakfast ;o)

Not convinced yet? Really? Oh, well, you’re a tough customer. I have, nonetheless, a secret weapon you won’t be able to survive with your prejudices intact. Ready for dessert?

bread&butterpudding

dessert

Dessert cheesecake comp

hot-cross-buns-xl

Jaffa-Cakes-006

rhubarbcrumble

Devonshire Tea

summerpudding

victoria cake

You’re dead from ecstasy, right? Right? You have to like it now. I sincerely hope so because now I’m hungry as a wolf and no one with whom to share my pictures of food, glorious British food.

Eat well. Eat British food.

No comments: